The journal was founded in 1924 by three of the most famous urologists at that time: Ulisse Gardini from Bologna, Giovanni Battista Lasio from Milan and Giorgio Nicolich senior from Trieste. These urologists were among the founders of the Italian Society of Urology in 1921 and all of them were Presidents of the Society at different times: Nicolich from 1923 to 1924, Lasio from 1928 to 1930 and Gardini from 1932 to 1934.
The journal was originally published as Archivio Italiano di Urologia and then as Archivio Italiano di Urologia e Nefrologia by the publisher Editore Cappelli in Bologna. In the 80's, the journal was taken over by the Associazione Ricerca in Urologia who entrusted the journal to the publisher Masson Italia and changed the journal’s name into Archivio Italiano di Urologia e Andrologia. The journal initially circulated as written in Italian and hosted for many years the official reports of the Society of Urology in Lombardy. [More]Read more about The Archivio Italiano di Urologia e Andrologia is the most prestigious urological journal in Italy.